Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Socking along

Still knitting socks.
I'm using my new book - 'Socks a la Carte' and Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 4 ply in Colour Brick.
The patterns I chose for my sock are the Oh Baby cuff, which is a very cute mini cable created using a clever, new to me technique and the leg is Eyes on you, while there is an error in this pattern I decided not to unravel as I quite like the way it looks like this.
The pattern does not move around the sock, it just looks that way in this picture because I tried to sit it flat while the knitting is on 3 needles.
My sock is resting on my newly quilted project I started last weekend, it is small so I may be finished soon, or not if the weather stays this cold for the remainder of the week.
There has been some reading other than the professional kind but I didn't get a picture of the book - it is 'Metro Winds' a collection of short stories by Isobel Carmody. Written with her usual fantasy slant, where things are not as they at first seem. Both entertaining and thought provoking.
Yarning along over here.

18 comments:

Jossie said...

Wow you have done a lot of knitting recently! All the socks are beautiful.

marina said...

lovely colour wool! You are going to be warm and toasty with all your new socks.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That yarn you are using is one of my favorite colors. :) Happy August! Tammy

Hannah said...

Your sock yarn is gorgeous as is the quilt behind it!

Fiona said...

Lovely colour wool for this next pair of socks.... your quilt looks lovely too...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

What a lovely color for socks - they look quite cozy. And I like the red circle print fabric for your quilt.

Donna said...

What pretty socks. They are my favorite things to knit.

karen said...

beautiful sock and it looks absolutely perfect to me :) love your quilt fabric!!

Maria said...

Oh Mistea my feet are sooooo cold I bet your socks are lovely and warm...

Christine M said...

I love the colour of this pair of socks. Looking forward to seeing the quilt finished!

Elisabeth said...

Thanks for stopping by earlier! Sock knitters inspire me and the book you are using sounds great in spite of the mistakes in the pattern. Have a great week!

azwoolgirl said...

I love the color for your socks, such a warm rich color!

Liz said...

I love the yarn you've chosen for your socks! They're gong to be fantastic :D

Anonymous said...

Your socks are going to be beautiful. I love to knit socks.

Cathy said...

Clever lady!!

Elisabeth Andrée said...

Wow, you are talented and productive!!:) Really like the soft green socks with that lovely cable pattern and I almost can't wait to see more pictures of your quilted project.
Have a great weekend!

Victoria said...

I am so scared of socks, but your choose-your-own-adventure socks make them sound so exciting! Love the itty-bitty cables on the new pair! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Ooooh nice colour....cute little cables...goes well with the sneaky peek of the quilt it is resting on...