Saturday, August 25, 2012

Race to Finish...

after starting on these early - I had a little break while I gathered some requirements. 
Then just when I was ready to start sewing the thing together, a storm left me without power for an afternoon and evening.


I did a little ditch quilting on the tops and put a Zip in the back,


and now I'm all done with a couple of hours to spare. 


Present for an engagement party tonight.


Sharing the giving with a colleague.


While they are smallish I like the resulting cushions.
 I may just need to add to my own cushion collection (or replace some of the old ones).


I've turned a corner on the sock too which is a good thing as the book is on loan from the library and due back today. I used all my extension opportunities - and am hoping nobody else wants to read it so I can get it out again next week, otherwise I may have an in progress sock for some time. 



Hope your Saturday is a relaxing one.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Your pillows are wonderful...those power outages are no fun right in the middle of a project.

Anonymous said...

what wonderful cushions,gorgeous gift to give and fingers crossed for your knitting book.xx

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

How lovely that you can whip up homemade pillows in no time. Hope the weather has cleared for a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Wendy said...

Your cushions are gorgeous, what a wonderful gift!

Maria said...

Love both cushions and you did well getting them made in time for the party..

Teresa said...

The cushions turned out great... very nice present too. I hope you get to finish your socks...and no one borrows that book!!! x

Katherine said...

your cushions look great and i love the colours you used. they all look great photographed together. such a shame about the power going out like that too. you could copy the sock pattern or scan it before sending the book back

Jindi's Cottage said...

Darn power going out just when it was needed. The cushions look great, I'm sure they were well received. Hope you get the sock book back, that sock needs a foot!

Fiona said...

the cushions look fantastic... hope you get to finish the socks!!
Hugz