Monday, August 27, 2012

Take a pretty pattern...




add suitable fabrics...


and make it your own.


As I didn't have suitable ric rac or lace for my bright fabrics I just used binding for decoration.


No buckle - just use a band of  fabric and a button on the handle.


I actually used two buttons like the pattern to attach the two ends of the handle!


I am very happy with this bag and it is quite a good size, I'll take it to work this afternoon for a test drive.

Pattern from Handmade Vol 24 No 9 - Ready for Afternoon Tea by Ann Francene Dimmer.

I did of course alter the method of construction to obtain a cleaner finish on the bag, with the only hand sewing being the buttons.

The sun is shining outside and I have walked by the beach, not silly enough to go in like some.

Hope your week is off to a great start.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a gorgeous bag Mistea,I will have to tell Ann that i have seen it made up in bright colours and it looks fantastic also,well done.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely bag Tracey, sure to cheer up any trip to work. It is always amazing how fabrics and colour choices completely change a design.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous bag, lovely seeing how you made it your own!

marina said...

lovely bag! the colours compliment so beautifully.
Well done.

Shay said...

I love the fabric choices you made. This bag is a winner in every sense!

CurlyPops said...

Gorgeous colour combos!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Fun bright bag...looks great in those fabrics...hope the test drive went well!...

Katherine said...

love your bright cheery bag! i also like the changes you made with it too.

Kathy said...

What a great bag, Mistea! Love the colour combination. It looks nice and roomy without the risk of you breaking your shoulder from the weight of all the things you could fit in.
P.S. also love your socks!!!