Saturday, August 18, 2012

Productive FNSI

Making the fabric choices was the most difficult part of the night... Oops that really was day.

I took the preparation part seriously as I had no commitments during the day.


These were the fabrics I chose to work with.


Lots of cutting and ironing.


Layout one,


and layout two.


Two blocks all sewn up.

To be finished into Cushion covers before next Saturday night.

There was even a little time for some knitting. 
The blue sock is now up to the heel and the red sock is lucky to be still on the needles after some unravelling!


I'll be around to check what other participants achieved on their Friday Night.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

13 comments:

Lyn said...

Lovely fabrics in your blocks..I wish I could knit like that!! love the red and white pattern

Katherine said...

those socks are flying off the needles and i love the fabrics and bocks for your cushions too

marina said...

lovely blocks! Loving the sock progress. Go girl

Anonymous said...

lovely blocks mistea,love those socks,well done on a productive FNSI.xx

Maria said...

Your blocks will make great cushions and I love your knitting....

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Your socks are beautiful! My knitting is sooooo amateur ;)

You did so much work on the blocks, too! They will be terrific as pillows.

Shay said...

Ooh la la . They are going to be lovely cushion covers. Im not usually a blue person but those fabrics are rocking my socks.

Your red and white sock is utterly amazing. You're just too talented !

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Tracy your blocks look great....they will make fantastic cushions...

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous blocks. And that red and white sock is amazing.
Looks like you had a wonderful FNSI.

Wendy said...

Your blocks are very beautiful, I love the colours. Your knitting is looking great too.

Jody Herbert said...

The blocks look great and so do your socks. I only wish i could knit like that! A great FNSI!

Nancy said...

It looks like you were really busy. Nice work with the knitting too.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Nice blocks...good plan having preparation time...hope the red/ghost sock starts behaving itself