Friday, August 17, 2012

Springtime in the mail

When I went to the post box yesterday there was a squishy package, literally squished in there.

I did wonder for a bit what this might be as I was not expecting anything before the end of the month.

Nothing on the envelope to give me any clues. I was out walking so I thought about who or why I might be getting something and waited until I was back home to open my package.

My OASS for spring was inside. This being a secret swap meant I had no clue where it would come from.

Lucky me - my package is from the talented Fiona over at BubzRugz.

Nice wrapping in a paper pattern with pretty yellow and orange ribbon and one of Fiona's patchwork cards - too cute.

Just look at what she made for me!


An amazing raw edge applique Lemon tree wall hanging in the prettiest colours and she stitched a couple of lines from the lemon tree song.


She included a little chocolate sustenance for me too.


Not quite straight but hanging in my kitchen waiting for spring.
Relieving my Easter wall hanging, also a swap gift made by the talented Helena, of its double duty.

Thanks to Cheryll as the swap hostess and Fiona for my wonderful present.

Lots of yellow flowers in the neighbourhood at the moment - so maybe spring is not too far away?

I will be sewing along with the FNSI ladies tonight - I have some cushion cover gifts to make.

Hope your weekend includes sunshine and sewing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Mistea that is a wonderful swap gift to receive,i love the colours Fiona has used in it,lovely swap gift.xx

Barb said...

That is lovely, you are so lucky to get something from Fiona!

Jindi's Cottage said...

What a fun idea to use a paper pattern as wrapping paper. Gorgeous little quilt, enjoy your new wallhanging...and the chocolate!...see you tonight at FNSI...

marina said...

Lucky YOu!! A beautiful hanging and love the stitching too.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely gift from Fiona and perfect with the lemons for your kitchen. Oh and chokkie sustenance is always welcome.

Katherine said...

what a lovely surprise to arrive in the mailbox.

Jantine said...

This is really a spring tree, just love it!