Friday, August 10, 2012

Red Eyes...

the name of my new socks.


 Sure they're all done. They even had passed their first wearing test last night.




Very comfortable and toasty on these chilly nights.



These socks were made using patterns from the 'Socks a la Carte' book and Bendigo Woollen Mills 4 ply luxury pure wool. Lovely.
I combined the Oh Baby cuff pattern with Eyes on You leg pattern and the short row heel with the round toe making for a very quick sock. I am not certain that the short row heel is a good choice for my thick ankle but the round toe is more comfortable than the toe arrangement I used on the previous socks, and  I didn't get all tangled doing Kitchener grafting!
I will be making more combinations from this book as there is enough information there for me to make a lot of socks that are not the same while practising a variety of techniques.

One more picture of the Go Anywhere Bag - after a couple of outings - including getting wet on the way back from the shops yesterday.
Here it is sitting on my kitchen chair - that is how tall it is. 

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend spent in your favourite place.

13 comments:

Melody said...

A Fabulous pair. I do hope you will be coming to our next bloggy get together.

Unknown said...

I love the bag its so cute.. and the socks look very cozy... You do such great work :O)
M

Christine M said...

I love those red socks. Your bag is lovely. It will be a handy size for lots of goodies!

marina said...

Bravo!! Another pair of lovely socks.
Love your bag too.

Fiona said...

Your feet live in luxury!!! I love your new red socks..... Glad the bag is getting lots of outings!!
Hugz

Wendy said...

Love your new red socks, they look very warm and comfy. And your bag is a lovely shape.

Maria said...

Oh my cold feet envy your toasty toes...
Great bag too..

karen said...

LOVE the socks! I bet you smile when you see your feet when you are wearing them. The bag you made is fantastic!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your socks look great but when it comes to knitting, I have no idea what you are talking about. That bag definitely looks like it can hold lots of stuff, projects, whatever you need to carry. Hope you have a fabulous weekend. Tammy

Shay said...

Rocking the red there Ms T ! lovely! Sadly, the only kitchener Im familiar with is the bun type of kitchener.

And that bag is darling.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Those socks look very comfy...the current climate is perfect for them to be out and about, brrrrr....

Katherine said...

You are knitting up a sock storm! Love your latest pair too. The bag is gorgeous and I ove the colour and the pattern of the fabric.

Jantine said...

Love this bag! I can see why you love using it...