Monday, July 30, 2012

Distracted by...

pretty fabric.


The sun came out on Saturday between some heavy rain showers and I couldn't resist playing with these bright fabrics.


Squares and strips make a few square blocks.


Then the cold set in for the evening and it was back to the couch for some serious knitting.

More knitting Sunday and a little finishing off today - I have another nearly pair of socks.


As I am not a perfectionist and my toes are currently cosy I am not concerned about the odd row out!
The pattern is Cable Cuffs from the book 'Fab Feet and Cosy Toes' by Anna Tillman. The construction is very clever with the cable cuff knitted flat, then joined into a round. To knit the leg you pick up the stitches along one edge of the cuff which folds back over the sock when worn.
The yarn is Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 4 ply - a pleasure to knit and soft and cosy to wear.

Now I have a pair to wear while the others are drying.

Hope there was some sunshine in and out of your craft space this weekend.


12 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Love the socks...and the patchwork looks good...hoping to see more soon!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous fabric...nice socks..

Fiona said...

awesome soft socks and the patchwork looks lovely and happy...
Hugz

marina said...

Well done another gorgeous pair of socks!
very pretty fabrics and blocks.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Quite an accomplishment I'd say ... handmade socks for cozy feet. Fabulous! Love how you put those fabric pieces together, too. Have a great week. Tammy

Wendy said...

The socks and sewing look lovely, you are being very creative!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh they are such pretty blocks and your socks are gorgeous....clever girl.

Teresa said...

The block is lovely Tracey... but those socks are just gorgeous. You are sooooo clever xx

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great fabric combo...enjoy your warm toes...

Melody said...

Gorgeous fabrics here.

Cathy said...

Bright and pretty fabric!!

Katherine said...

You are knitting some beautiful socks. I can see I might just have to go and look for this book as I love the pattern for these socks. Plus I have that gorgeous ball of sock wool and more 4ply in the stash lol. I used to do my socks and scarf knitting over summer months but I can see that habit breaking quite soon lol