Friday, July 20, 2012

Ten cosy toes...

Finished the second sock - Yippee!


That is my new toy there next to my feet - I was just doing some homework. I only needed to listen.

Warm toes for the rest of Winter and they fit comfortably with my boots. 



They may be slouchy but they are very snug and warm.


The finished socks are from the Knitting Knee-Highs book by Barb Brown, the design is Maid Marian
For my first pair of hand knit socks in a very long time I am very happy with the result, even if there were some ambiguous instructions in the pattern. 
Yarn is Bendigo Woollen Mill 4 ply luxury in colour Mink.


Next some pretty green socks.
Using the pattern Cable Cuffs from the Fab Feet and Cosy Toes book by Anna Tillman.



Loving the woven look of this simple cable design.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.


12 comments:

Katherine said...

They look gorgeous!

Maria said...

Fabulous Warm socks, lucky you...

Cathy said...

Love your socks....home knitted scks are the best!!

CurlyPops said...

Love those socks - they're amazing!

marina said...

How wonderful! You are one clever chicky!
love the start you have made on the green ones too.

Fiona said...

they are fantastic.... lovely warm toes... and the new ones are looking great too
Hugz

Teresa said...

ooooh love your socks. You are so clever. Love the cable pattern in the next pair. Have a great weekend x

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Good for you finishing! They do look great with your boots. I find that even some crochet patterns are much more complicated than they really need to be. Can be quite confusing. Sometimes I give up, sometimes I write it in my own language so that I can understand without all the extra unnecessary wording. :/ Have a great day! Tammy

Jindi's Cottage said...

Yay warm toes! just what is needed in this chilly weather...I think you need to make those penquin socks on the book cover, very cute...after the pretty green ones of course....

Wendy said...

Well done, your socks look great! And warm!

Jessica Snell said...

Love the knee-high socks! they look great!

Pomegranategrl said...

WOW, these socks are AMAZING and look OH so comfy. Fantastic job.