Sunday, July 10, 2011

Its a finish

Hooking right a long here.

A new hat and

matching mittens.

The photo above is the best colour representation - it is a very pretty yarn with light and dark colours in blues, brown, pink and green. A mixture of mohair, acrylic, polyester and viscose, this is a thicker yarn than I normally use and while I am very happy with the end result the process was hard going.

Finished just in time to send to MsM.

I am making a small indentation on the yarn stash - now if I could just curb the incoming yarn I may free up some space.
This hat knitted from a generous donation from a member of my local craft group.

I am enjoying experimenting with hat shapes and sizes from the different yarn donations.

This one is knitted in Cleakheaton Country pure wool. a very nice yarn to work with and a lovely natural colour.

Planning for some action in the craft room today - I'll be back later if anything actually happens.

Hope your Sunday is a good one.

7 comments:

Fiona said...

busy, busy.... both wools look lovely - and nice to work with something warm.....
Hugz

Shay said...

Love the hats (Especially the one done in naturals) Since I have about three wooly hats and never wear any of them it might be time to start...

Hope you're having a wooly weekend in the crafting sense not the weather sense.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Good weather to be playing with yarn...love the colours in the thicker yarn, perfect for brightening up a cold wintery day...

Doris Sturm said...

Wow, what a nice and soft looking ensemble - love the variegated colors. I love your hats, they seem so comfy and versatile. I need to get going and use up some of my stash. How else can I ever buy more yarn? LOL

Teresa said...

Oh just lovely. Love the colours in the first one, but the soft natural colours in the second are beautiful too. You are certainly firing along at the moment. Are you doing these in your sleep???

Serenata said...

Wonderful hat and mittens, which look like they will be really warm. I also love your little gadget pouches, what a cute idea.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful work...love the hats.