Monday, July 11, 2011

Its a bag

A couple of months back I used a leftover ball of yarn and crocheted this piece with a vague idea that I would make a bag. Alone it was a bit boring just a pretty mint green piece.

Yesterday it was transformed.

Playing with some more flowers - these really are fun for decorating things.

Pretty pink and white this time.

I sewed a lining with a zip in the top and attached it to the outer bag with blanket stitch around the upper edge.

Sewed a pretty pink strap and attached it on the outside.

Enclosed a little treasure and sent in on its way to Miss8.

Sure hopes she likes it as much as I do.

Wishing lots of fun in your happy place this week.

7 comments:

Barb said...

So adorable and clever!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks great! I am crocheting up embellishments with leftover yarn but have no idea what I will do with them. I don't sew much so anything with a lining would certain be stretching it for me. :/ I'm sure Miss8 loved her gift. Best wishes for the week ahead. Tammy

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh my goodness who would of thought a simple knitted square could end up so special, sure she will love it.

Shay said...

That's a fanatstic idea and so cute! Im sure Miss 8 will adore it.

marina said...

Cute as!
The flowers really add to the bag.

Jantine said...

You have been busy! Love the embellishments on the bags, from the previous posts too!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Well that is certainly an improvement on a crotched square...very nice bag, lucky Miss8...you certainly are on a roll this year with the birthday season...