Sunday, July 24, 2011

In the craft room...

definitely a PJ day here as the weather was not suitable for outside activities.

I made some progress with the cat projects - after cutting all the fabric in the right shapes and sizes. I succeeded in attaching the pocket to the front of the bag and sewing the outer bag pieces together. I feel like I am almost done!

The pouch pieces are still waiting to be sewn but they are all cut out.

A large portion of the day was spent on the couch with my new hooky project.

I know you can't see it very well here but I have made good progress and it is even the right shape and everything so far. The yarn is a super soft Acrylic/wool blend in a pretty green colour.

Not sure about the plastic crochet hook though - when did they change? All my others are old and they are metal, it actually feels like you are holding onto something when working with them.
Will be looking for a more solid alternative as I didn't buy just one new lot of yarn yesterday, how could I when it was on special?
Playing along in Pyjama party Sunday over here.
Hope your weekend was a creative one.

11 comments:

Shay said...

It was freezing cold here today as well. I heartily concur that kind of weather is for staying in your pyjamas and getting your craft on.

Your crochet looks so delicate, wispy and frothy. Im sure it's going to be so pretty when you're finished.

Im not a fan of plastic knitting needles . They just dont feel right so I hear you with the crochet hooks.

Marg said...

I just love your cat embroidery, the expression is priceless, so cute.
I don't like working with plastic hooks either, but your crochet is such a pretty green and looks so soft, looking forward to seeing more of it.
Thank you for linking up this week.
xx

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Every day is a pajama day here until I have to go back to school on August 14th. :) Your kitty projects are sweet. I've only used very large plastic hooks for crocheting baby blankets and they were fine. I prefer my Boye H or I metal hooks for regular crocheting. Have a great day. Tammy

Doris Sturm said...

Your cat project is coming along nicely - I love that green - very warm and natural looking.

I HATE plastic hooks, they feel like they're going to snap any minute...I only use the metal ones, but I discovered the ones with the padding are wonderfully comfy for endurance crocheting (they don't dent your fingers)....

Have a great day! Happy sewing ;-)

Krista Schneider said...

plastic hooks are the worst! i had to quit buying yarn because it was just taking up space in my house. hopefully when winter returns I'll crank out a bunch of scarves or something! :D

thea said...

Love the cat project, the cats are so cute.

marina said...

Looking great.
What size hook do you need? I have some older hooks spare if you would like me to have a look. Let me know...

Angie in SoCal said...

I love your kitties!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Sunday was Definitely a PJ day..cold, wet and yuck...the kitty bag is coming along nicely...perfect fabrics to compliment the stitchery colours...

The Creative Beast said...

OOOH! I love what you are working on these days =-)

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I love your little cats they are so cute! As for plastic crochet hooks....beware I hated them when I first started using one and now that is the one I look for to make something, somehow it has grown on me :-) The green yarn looks divine!