Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Working on them

While the sun was shining last week I grabbed my hook and a random ball of cotton yarn to take with me on my walk, well one needs to be prepared there may be an opportunity for a little sit down. As happened it was just a little too windy for sitting at the beach so I found a sheltered spot and enjoyed the sunshine without the wind.

I've been toying with the idea of making a top which combines both crochet and fabric, seems I'm not the only one, as there are plenty of clothes currently available in the stores which combine the two. Now I have no clue whether I will be successful but I am being entertained by this simple idea. 
I don't have a pattern so I am making it up as I go along and there has been quite a bit of forwards and backwards trying to get a good shape going for the neckline.



Sure this is different from the picture above and I think I have just about the right shape to make it work this time? It's starting to look like the picture in my head.
No I haven't picked up the gazillion stitches on the blanket yet, I did make a start on Friday but it wasn't working out straight so I need to start again.

Last week I received a small package, a little something I won over on Ravelry. Very timely as it contained a set of stitch markers which turn out to be extremely handy when you have a very lot of stitches on the needle, they make keeping the lace pattern in line just that little bit easier, well at least they help me to find my mistakes without needing to count all the stitches after every row.
I worked out on Sunday that I would need to do 4 rows every day this week to finish the knitting by the end of the month - so far I have done 10 of those rows, thanks to the Pubic Holiday Monday, making me 2 ahead of schedule.
I may just end up with a truly finish.


Ethereal Triangular Shawl in progress - further along than this now.

Oh, and Vicky made me that very bright pink pot holder under the shawl and included matching kitty snips too, these are the cutest little scissors on a keychain.


Happy Creating.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

such lovely work... it amazes me that you can do that with no pattern....
Hugz

Shay said...

I love crochet on clothes and have a fair few tops that feature it. This is going to be lovely, and what a gorgeous colour.

You are just too clever!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Why would you start with a pattern, that would be much less adventurous...the collar looks like a good shape to me, pretty too...well done on the lace shawl, almost there!...

Wendy said...

Your crochet is looking lovely, gorgeous colour. I look forward to seeing how it progresses :)