Sunday, January 26, 2014

Runner by another name

I continued my starting spree all the way to Friday and at the same time I really wanted to finish something. No logic in that really, the projects I am working on are all too big.

As my car had an appointment with the mechanic Friday morning I packed a new small project and set off. Leaving the car with the men to work their magic I found a quiet and comfortable spot in the local library and set to work, as it was rainy outside. There was an interested librarian who chatted with me about crochet generally and my project specifically, she really wanted me to finish before I left, but that wasn't to be.

I did make a good start though so she could see where it was heading.
Only the beginning

I'm still using threads that were gifted to me, this one had no tags but it is a beautiful soft cotton and was just lovely to work with.

 
There were two of these white cotton balls with about the same amount left on them, not any more.

I stayed up late with the FNSI ladies and kept my hook busy, one end of the doily was completed by the time I called it a night.

Really like the way the pineapple pattern is so simple and versatile.
I finished the crocheting with my morning coffee on Saturday. Now all I need to do is weave in the tail, give it a bath and block it so it sits properly flat.

Oval Pineapple Doily by Michelle Starkie
Oh, I know I should find something other than the skirt I was ironing to show you how lovely this is but the table underneath is white, meaning all the detail is lost when I put it on there, and I needed to get a picture before I rushed out the door. I have the perfect recipient in mind and she has the perfect oval table to use it on.

There has been progress on the green shawl but it is going very slowly now that there are a LOT of stitches on the needle, even more slowly when one isn't concentrating and follow the wrong row of the chart and then another before undoing it! That yarn is not only skinny, but it likes to slip-slide off the needles whenever it feels like it so not helpful in the unknitting process.
It will be finished and soon (or it will be allocated to the bin).

Thanks to Wendy for hosting FNSI and to all the participants for sharing their gorgeous projects.

Happy Australia Day to all.

See you in your creative space again soon.
 

8 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

Purty doily...interesting oval shape...a start and a finish, wahoo!!...

Christine M said...

Your doily is beautiful, Mistea.

Maria said...

A fabulous Pineapple doily.. Lucky lady..
Hmm I can see why that project may end up in the bin......

linda said...

It's beautiful! :)

Fiona said...

Your pineapple doily is beautiful.....
Hugz

Shay said...

Im quite envious that you managed a start and a finish is such a short space of time! Go you!

It's lovely Mistea.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

that is gorgeous

Katherine said...

Gorgeous crochet!