Monday, January 27, 2014

Unwound

Last week I heard there was a new place in the north western suburbs where I could buy Bendigo woollen mills yarn. Much closer to me than Bendigo and in a suburb adjacent to one that I travel to almost weekly. Saturday when J's mum suggested an outing, I suggested we check it out.
It turns out the shop only opened on Thursday of last week, so they are still getting things sorted but it is looking very good already.

Unwind Craft Cafe sells a selection of yarn, fabrics, tools and handmade items as well as coffee and cakes.
The decor is retro and they have some amazing pastel coloured cabinets similar to ones I remember neighbours having when I was growing up. The cafe tables and chairs are straight out of grandma's house, speckled laminate and cushy vinyl, our table was decorated with a suitably 1970's cloth. 
The coffee and poffertjes were delicious (and not from the 70's).

Luxury 4 ply in the Lotus colourway

Drinking coffee and having a little snack is the perfect way to contemplate new yarn. I had plenty of time to look at all the colours as they are right there in the flesh. 
I was restrained and only brought 1 ball home, but I know where I can get other colours, which I cast on last night while waiting for the fireworks to start.

Hope your Monday includes time to create.

9 comments:

nicole said...

Oh wow!! Definitely need to go for a drive and visit!
Thanks for sharing!

See you Wednesday?
Xo

Jindi's Cottage said...

It was a fine suggestion and definitely worth subsequent visits...good to see the new yarn has made it on to the needles, what will it become?...

Rosie said...

Wish I could visit also. Sounds great!

Katherine said...

Lucky girl! Read about this on their facebook page last week. Was actually hoping it might have been a more central shop in Bendigo itself lol. Never mind you will have to visit it for me lol

Wendy said...

Sounds like a wonderful place to visit! Love your doily in the previous post, beautiful!

bec said...

Its about a 2 min drive from my house too! Drove past it on Saturday but it was just closing. Definitely going to check it out soon.

Christine M said...

That shop looks very inviting, Mistea. Love the colour you bought.

Fiona said...

ooooh... fabulous to have a good shop nearer you now... such a pretty colour you got
Hugz

Shay said...

Craft, Cake and Coffee in the one place? Sign me up! Sounds wonderful....