Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Colourful Christmas

My Christmas quilt top is all done and sure to brighten this Christmas season.

As Jindi's mum and I participated in the Holly Jolly block swap as a team we made 12 blocks each and received 12 back.
I love that this quilt top only has blocks made by the other swappers.
Border fabrics found in the stash, some of them are the ones I used to make my blocks to send. The stripe has all the colours to match the blocks and has been sitting in the stash for the past year waiting patiently for a home. Perfect.
Have a fantastic Wednesday, I'm sure hoping mine is!
Happy Creating

8 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Its so lovely and bright! Love that stripey sashing.

Shay said...

I love the border too - it's perfect. All the blocks look fabulous together but I think the modern Christmas tree is my favourite.

I'd love to make an entire Christmas quilt out of funky trees.

Congratulations on the finish Mistea. Hope your Wednesday is like crafting heaven. (I'm stomping off to work shortly - frst week of term here ...sigh)

Unknown said...

It's lovely ! Great colours !

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very bright and happy Tracey you should be so very pleased with it...

Serenata said...

Perfect for Christmas with it's funky stripy border. What a fun swap and extra special too. I must keep my eye out for a swap like this to take part in.

marina said...

What a gorgeous top and so cheery for Christmas. I love the gingerbread man at the bottom.
well done.

Kathy said...

I see my kitty claws! The quilt looks great!! I really have to put my blocks together in time for Christmas.....

Jindi's Cottage said...

Must sew mine together...one day! Like the stripe border...perfect match...