Friday, October 15, 2010

Shopping and Stitching

What's a girl to do if the universe sends you right past the fabric stores?
Go in and shop of course!
Some pretty thread for quilting Colourful Christmas.
The spotty fabric because sometimes I just can't get enough of a good thing!
The two pink fabrics are destined for Miss14's Christmas gift.

A little progress on this Rosalie Quinlan design which was her contribution to Immerse yourself in Stitching that I attended last month.
I am enjoying this project as the colours are lovely and bright, not that you can see that on this dull day.
It is seriously testing my stitching as there is a lot of chain stitch in this design and I find it difficult to keep my stitches even. A nice slow project.

I will be working on this for Friday night sew in tonight hosted by the lovely Heidi and Bobbi.
It's not too late to head on over and sign up.
Happy Weekend stitches to you.

6 comments:

Jodie said...

Your stitching looks great !!! I can show you bad chainstitch, mine is always all wobbly...

Doris Sturm said...

You sound just like me and my yarns because I can't resist an arts and craft's shop either to buy more yarn...you do lovely work, Mistea :-)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely fabric....and your stitching looks wonderful, enjoy your Friday Sew In.....

Shay said...

The pink birdie fabric looks vaguely familiar -I wonder if I have some of that tucked away somewhere. Your purchases all look very much like my kind of shopping. Pretty!

Naturally you cant resist the call of fabric stores- that would go against the laws of nature.

Lovely stitching Mistea...slow and steady seems to be working beautifully .

marina said...

Lucky you having to pass fabric stores to get to work. I know I would never make it to work on time!
Those fabrics are really lovely and your stitching is very sweet.
Definitely cheer up a dull day.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Cool fabrics...perfect thread for the purpose...well done on starting your second Immerse project...