Friday, July 25, 2014

Smiling today

The skys might be grey but the day was quite the opposite!
The plumber came first thing this morning, when I was thinking I was going to have to hang around all day waiting, and fixed some things plumbers fix.
I had a lovely positive conversation with a friend who lives in another city, hatching a plan for us both to be in the same place soon?
I enjoyed sitting by the beach, a calm and quiet place for a little contemplation when the sun goes away.


Swinging by the post office I got to collect a little smile package all the way from the UK.
Thanks Jacquie I really needed this reminder this week. Not because anything really bad happened I just had to deal with some difficult people who insist on being negative - which did nothing for my state of mind.

A gorgeous card with a beautiful greeting and a pretty little smile pincushion.
Lots of good stuff happening in my world too, need to make sure I let the good things stay in the foreground.

Now I'm ready for the weekend, well maybe after I finish some sewing?
I'm still knitting the same thing as last time so I guess you don't need to see that again yet.

Hope you have a reason (or two) to smile this weekend.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Warm heater, lots of projects to work on - plenty to smile about here.

Fiona said...

those are lovely reasons to smile about.... sometimes other people's negativity can affect us... I had to do a bit of 'shrugging it off" too this week... sigh!!
Hugz

Jindi's Cottage said...

Cute little pincushion...seriously over negative people, why can't they be miserable on their own time!...

Christine M said...

How lovely of Jacquie to send you that sweet cushion.