Tuesday, July 1, 2014

In June - some things got finished

(But a whole lot more got started).

First up there was the cape that didn't quite make it to the finish line in May.
Collared cape in Cascade 220 paints - Caribbean sea
Welcomed into her new home in time for some truly wintery weather.

Three pairs of fingerless mitts made from my first published pattern.
Kallan Mitts in Vintage Patons Totem - Blue
I had two matching balls of mauve wool in the stash so I decided to play with the pattern a little and extended both the cuff and the hand for cold days.
Kallan Mitts in Vintage Cleckheaton Country - Mauve
For a friend who tried her best to appropriate my original mitts, that'll teach me for pulling them out to show off!
Kallan Mitts in Bendigo woollen mills Serenade - Platinum
 A little sewing made it over the finish line too - My new bag even got her buttons on before the end of the month - I only used it for a week before adding the buttons.
Afternoon Tea Bag design by Ann Francene Dimmer from Handmade Vol 24 No9 
I made this pattern a couple of years ago in different fabrics and use it for my work bag. Interesting how the fabric choices give it a very different feel.
The scrappy squares I was playing with became a new knitting home.
Extra large triangle pouch perfect for hiding knitting projects.
Last week I received a special request for a beanie similar to the one I made here but as the yarn has been discontinued I needed to be creative and added stripes in two colours of brown that complimented the original yarn, of which I had a little left over. 

I think I like the second beanie better. I duplicate stitched the kangaroos, which makes them stand out more.
Hopefully the recipient will be pleased with their new beanie.

Thanks to Peg and Kris for hosting OPAM again this year, there are always lots of lovelies to see around blogland at the end of the month.

Happy July. 

8 comments:

marina said...

what a gorgeous cape, love all the mitts too. don't blame your friend for trying to appropriate them.
lovely sewing this month too.
such a productive month.

Shay said...

Oooh I didn’t realise you had published a pattern- way to go! That’s a fabulous achievement in itself!

Lots of lovely finishes for June. Love the beanie and those gloves are just divine!

Fiona said...

lots done this month... your cape is exquisite...
Hugz

Christine M said...

Some lovely finishes there, Mistea. Your cape looks gorgeous.

Lyndel said...

oh looks like I am back into reading blogs just in time.... yes I LOVE the mitts!! Finally got my desk set up in bedroom, lots of blog reading this month I think.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous.....love the cape...

Wendy said...

Lots of lovely makes for June. The cape looks gorgeous and your mitt pattern is fab!!

Katherine said...

Lots of great finishes!