The hood caused me all kind of headaches but after three tries I have finally got a shape and look that I like.
The first one was the light coloured undyed wool on the right, which makes a lovely soft fabric, and while the shape was looking good there was something not quite right about it. I decided to stop at the halfway point but not rip it as there were some good things going on there and having them in front of me while working take two was beneficial.
The second attempt was an improvement but I was still seeing some things that I wasn't happy with.
Take three was just right - yes, Goldilocks had the stars align.
|Hood for cape in Bendigo Woollen Mills Classic 8 ply - Java|
I have finished the third version and it fits perfectly, just a tad difficult to take a picture of the back of ones own head.
Moving right along on this one now, but I really want to make something for me from that undyed wool.
Hope you're somewhere warm and cosy today.