Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hooded


The hood caused me all kind of headaches but after three tries I have finally got a shape and look that I like.

The first one was the light coloured undyed wool on the right, which makes a lovely soft fabric, and while the shape was looking good there was something not quite right about it. I decided to stop at the halfway point but not rip it as there were some good things going on there and having them in front of me while working take two was beneficial.

The second attempt was an improvement but I was still seeing some things that I wasn't happy with.

Take three was just right - yes, Goldilocks had the stars align.
Hood for cape in Bendigo Woollen Mills Classic 8 ply - Java 
I have finished the third version and it fits perfectly, just a tad difficult to take a picture of the back of ones own head.

Moving right along on this one now, but I really want to make something for me from that undyed wool.

Hope you're somewhere warm and cosy today. 

7 comments:

nicole said...

sounds like you're not far off anyway ha ha!

they're looking great!
xo

Maria said...

They look lovely and warm...

Shay said...

Fantastic ...makes me think of a modern day Little Red Riding Hood. So pleased you were able to bend the hood to your will!

Fiona said...

so clever to be able to do that...
Hugz

Sharm said...

My first time visiting your blog.. came over from the FNSI...I was so excited to see the socks at the top and the knitting you are doing..... I'm just back into knitting after a 23yr break and recently getting into Ravelry has helped push me along. I'll be adding your blog to my list as I'm looking for other blogs with knitting as well.
Sharm

Katherine said...

I am having the same feeling about a new jacket I have started. I'm not happy with it but you might have just convinced me to rip it out and start again lol. Love that you have been able to get one that makes your heart sing! Will make the rest of the project easier now.

Jantine said...

Love how you compared the hoods to get the best! Well done!