Saturday, July 6, 2013

My FNWF

While I got this book from the library for inspiration and I really did think I would start a sewing project.

 I spent some time looking at the projects being very indecisive, so I picked up my needles to do a few stitches while I decided. No sewing decisions were made, instead I kept knitting along. (Hope my clicking needles weren't too distracting)
Some good progress was made on my pretty pink knitting as well as completing one of the front bands on the Mauve Miette, which is creeping closer to finish.
A little textured band
Thanks Cheryll for inviting us to stitch along.
Today was my local knitting group and I worked on my socks. The one with the cream sole is finished and I am about half done with the leg on the second one. I'm ready for them to be done as I already have yarn and a pattern chosen for my next sock knit.
Poppy socks by Anna Zilboorg from 'Knitting socks from around the world'
Sunday is the official opening of the Hottie Challenge exhibition in support of the Margaret Pratt Foundation. I'll be heading over there to check out the gorgeous creations in real life.
Have a wonderful Sunday.

19 comments:

barb's creations said...

Just love your socks!! Wishing I could knit more than a scarf when I visit your blog and see all these lovely socks being made :) Barb.

Pinnylea Creations said...

Wow - what an inspiration. Looking fantastic :)

Cardygirl said...

I always love your knitting!

Anonymous said...

lovely knitting Mistea,you must have the best dressed feet around,well done.xx

Wendy said...

Beautiful knitting, I am looking forward to seeing the pink one finished!

Shay said...

More lovely things happening at Chez Mistea. I've completely stalled on my scarf and suddenly got interested in a poncho I saw ....

Rosie said...

I know what you mean about choosing a new project. I sometimes spend a good few hours looking for something else to make and then dig in the UFO box.

Fiona said...

I love your decision making process!!! that textured band is so effective and I do love your red and white socks...
Hugz

Susan said...

Your socks look fantastic.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Oh the mesmerising sound of clicking needles....your work is beautiful.

Christine M said...

I have that book. There are so many beautiful patterns in it. I just love looking through it and am a bit like you, can't decide what to make! Enjoy the exhibition.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your knitting is amazing...

Cheryll said...

Libraries are wonderful for finding books we didn't know were out there. I look forward to seeing the pics of the exhibition too! :)

Katherine said...

Your knitting is coming along and you will love the book. I have a copy of it too lol.

Sharm said...

Just love the socks, I've been wanting to make some for a while but haven't been brave enough, maybe you could suggest an easy pattern to start with?? Or a pattern for some of those fingerless gloves!! I will be back to visit with you again!! Hugs, sharm

Anthea said...

Great socks Mistea!! I hope you do end up making something from the book, LOL

Tammy said...

Wow! Love your header with all the socks you've made. I haven't been creating anything of late. Just not enough time and have had other distractions. I think I might try to do some small cross-stitchings -- just gotta find something that sparks my interest. Hope you have a great evening. Tammy

Michelle Ridgway said...

I agree fav header. Love the red/white socks...love seeing what your needles create.

Wendyb said...

some good progress was made regardless!!!
sugary hugs
wendy :O) xox