Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bright Happy colours

Recently I was given some skeins of sock yarn - all of it unlabelled but all definitely have a wool content. They may or may not be full skeins though I'm sure there is enough to make a couple of pairs of socks.
You can all see where this is going? Of course I cast on - not one but two socks. not even similar! (no chance of these becoming part of the stash)
Both are progressing nicely.
Starting 'Diagonal Rib' socks by Ann Budd for taking along when I'm out and about as this pattern, a simple 4 row repeat, is easily memorised.
This yarn makes pretty stripes
The second sock is another colour work sock, the pattern is 'Butterflies are Free' by Rose Hiver. I do like watching these patterns appear in my knitting and find it difficult to put this down.
I'm loving the combination of the solid with the multicoloured yarn
Sure there has been good progress on last weeks pretty knitting - even with some unknitting going on.
Pretty textured pattern
I finished the first part and cast on the second.
Enjoying a little winter sunshine
Still reading 'House Rules' by Jodi Picoult and enjoying the story. I do like books written in this style, where each chapter is written from the perspective of one of the main characters. I feel it creates depth in the story and it certainly shows how different characters experience the situations.
Joining the Yarn Along this week and looking forward to seeing all the lovely projects everyone is working on.
Have a colourful creative Thursday.

15 comments:

Maria said...

Oh I just love opening your blog and see all those gorgeous socks pop up..
Oh and these will be lovely and warm too.
I would be doing heaps of reverse knitting if I tried to tackle the pretty cardigan too.

Wendy said...

Beautiful new socks, I love the yarns, so pretty seeing the stripes forming!

Leslie said...

what fun knitting. . . beautiful socks, maybe.......but no I've too many shawls on my needles, not too many just many.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely combinations....

elizabeth said...

what a nice gift! socks are so useful and yours have such nice colours! :)

Fiona said...

so knitters are as bad as stitchers for having several projects on at once? Love the look of the multicoloured pattern..
Hugz

Ana BC said...

great stash-busting!!!

Christine M said...

Lovely colours of yarn.

Shay said...

I adore variegated yarn...it appeals to my sense of quirky and you never quite know how your project will look until you're finished.

LOVE those socks!

Katherine said...

More great socks. The biggest variegated ball is a sock yarn with the 70/30 blend. Mum had the same ball last year for some socks. She thought it might have been a spotlight one she picked up.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by. What really pretty socks especially the butterflies are free one !

Hannah said...

I love both of your sock patterns! It must be great to be gifted yarn :o)

Liesl - Buckaloo View said...

Someday I hope to try out colorwork patterns like that. Everything your working on looks so cheery and pretty.
And how fun to get all that yarn!

CathieJ said...

So many pretty knits. I'm jealous. Love the yarn.

Michelle said...

The colorwork looks great!