Monday, July 8, 2013

Off the needles

Apparently I have been misleading you all into believing that there I don't do reverse knitting on my socks - So not true. These socks caused significant issues at various points of construction and there were times when there was serious competition between forward and reverse. They were socks that required a lot of attention. In an effort to complete projects I usually deal with the reverse action and reknit, if I stop to contemplate the task I am less inclined to fix it, I know I have several incomplete projects from my past for this reason.

Poppy socks designed by Anna Zilboorg from 'Knitting socks from around the world'. 
Knit in Patons Patonyle 4 ply red and cream - almost 50g of each.
Special socks for MsM's 'O' birthday
The grey and navy crochet ripple hat used all but a metre or so of each of those bits.
These are the true colours
Yay!
Thanks to Linda and Ana for the stash buster challenge I am making space for some fresh yarn.

Wishing you a wonderful week of creative fun.

7 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic socks...

Maria said...

I like the different contrast colours on your socks.
Your ripple hat looks nice and warm.

Wendy said...

Lovely new socks and hat!

Katherine said...

That space could be for fleece you have spun lol. The socks are fantastic and well worth all the forwards/backwards knitting.

Shay said...

Love that the soles of those socks have different colours. Too cute!

Fiona said...

I wonder if reverse knitting is as much fun as reverse sewing????
The socks are fantastic....
Hugz

Ana BC said...

Both projects look amazing :-)