Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Finished!

I think I am in Love with Matilda - you see she is the maker of the template that I used for cutting these Apple Cores and they work just the same as any Quilting ruler. They have holes so that you can mark the corners and matching points on each side to get those curves to play nicely together.

I only purchased the fabrics for the top of this quilt.

I found a big enough piece of fabric in the stash for the backing and binding, a cool blue/white 1/8" check and the wadding came from a trip to The Mothers.
Finished measurement approximately 50" square - but of course you can see it is not square at all.
It is a happy quilt, just in time for spring (oh, but somebody forgot to reprogram the weather and it has been grey and raining all day her hence the photos in the kitchen).
So there you have it - Apparently if I apply myself (and have lots of days off work) I can complete a quilt in a week!
Happy Spring

10 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

It's gorgeous. I love the colour combination, and the pattern is really interesting.

Barb said...

What a fun quilt....

Crowing Moon said...

lovely

Maria said...

Love your quilt. How good to get it completely finished.

Shay said...

What a spectacular finish and in record time!

I love the shapes and fluid-ity of it (I sound like an art critic trying to be really intelligent - but I know you know what I mean )

Great job. Do you love it?

CJ said...

Mistea,
This quilt is awesome! I'm sure I would never tackle something with curves.
You make beautiful quilts!!
Hugz,
Cathy♥♥

BubzRugz said...

So clever - all those curves - it looks really beautiful and the colours work perfectly, I love it
Hugz

marina said...

Wow,
that is awesome! See work does get in the way of crafting.
Makes me want to make one, it looks super.

Jossie said...

It is gorgeous Mistea. Apple core is such a lovely pattern. Is it difficult with all those curves?

Jantine said...

That was very quick! Love the quilt!