Thursday, April 8, 2010

Beyond the Garden Gate

A design by the talented Leanne May of Candlelight Creations. My version finished and I am very happy. I started this quilt with a friend early in 2006 and the completed top has been languishing in a bag since late in 2008.
The original pattern - yes, I omitted the applique tongues on the blocks and changed the colours to bright, but I did stick with the actual block design. I used navy to frame the blocks, for the narrow border and binding.
The background for the stitcheries is a very fine check, it also appears in the corners of the blocks and the outer border.
These three blocks make up the top row of the quilt.
My first April finish - may there be more!
Hope your week is going well with lots of creative spaces.
Happy Creating
(Apologies Miss M - couldn't wait any longer for you to catch up)

10 comments:

barb's creations said...

At least you've got your top done I've still got mine bagged up and haven't even traced out the stitcheries yet :( Barb.

marina said...

Well done! It's nice to change some things to make the patterns 'yours'.
I think it looks great.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love what you have done and the top being completed is awesome..

Serenata said...

Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Done, done!! Yay!!!
And you know how much I like Candlelight Creations designs but I think it is so much better without the "tongues".

CJ said...

WOW!!! All done and it's just beautiful, Mistea!! :) Your stitching is so pretty ~ love the garden themes and the colors in the fabrics you used.
I'm working are organizing my "new" sewing room! so nice to have a room all to myself for sewing. Shamefully, I must admit that all my projects and supplies are in total disarray from so many years of no space for them. But I'm working on it and soon will be sewing again :)
Hugz,
Cathy♥♥

Doris Sturm said...

How lovely! I think those colors look great together. I know it's very rewarding to finally finish a project that has been in the makings for a long time - I do the same with my crochet.

Thanks for your well wishes today on my biopsy. I'm home and now I have to wait to hear from my GI about the results.

Have a good evening, Mistea, and I will stop by this Saturday night to chat in Pins and Needles. I was camping last weekend.
Doris :-)

Kathy said...

They are beautiful!!! I bought this cat stitchery maybe two or three years ago and it is still sitting around waiting for me! I just have to get started one of these days, keep inspiring me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mistea! Thank you very much for stopping by my blog - it's always a pleasure to read a comment from you!
I totally love your Annie Angel!!! It is extremelly sweet :) just like you!
Have a fantastic weekend ~

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Tracey! Well done! Your Garden quilt looks FABULOUS! This is another quilt I've eyed off ever since I first saw it, cos I LOVE the stitcheries, but never had the play money to spend on the patterns - SIGH! So many projects and fabrics, so little time and play money! :0) Like you, I prefer it without the tongues around the edge and you're right - your colours sure make it look like SPRING! Bear Hugs! KRIS