Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sweet Project Bag

As I had a late afternoon job Friday I got my sewing things prepared before I left - good thing really as I decided my project bag really needed more green. Successful shopping at Bargain Box in Melton, perfect greens to complete my project bag. What did I acheive at Friday Night Sew-In? I prepared the back - the girls stitchery is the main part of the pocket,
and the front - it took me the longest time to get that circle on their with the ric rac sitting flat - I am sure there is an easier way to do it but I just couldn't figure it out last night.
Thanks to Heidi and Bobbi for hosting the Friday Night Sew-In, it is fun to see what everybody sews up.
I continued to work on the Project bag today and now it is done - Yay!
The front ...
and the back.
While the bag is not very deep, the wide gusset makes it quite roomy. The design is from the talented Bronwyn Hayes of Red Brolly, could just be my new favourite bag to take to cafe craft nights. What's next? I'm working on the Sweet Needlecase that matches - another stitched group of girls on the outside, but first I need to go find me some cake.
Happy Creating

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice...hope you got some cake.

marina said...

That cake is very well deserved. Your bag looks really beautiful. I love Bronwyn Hayes stitcheries and your looks wonderful. I think the green matches with that floral perfectly.
Great Job!!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic design , I just lose stuff if the bag is too big and that looks like a great size .

Doris Sturm said...

That is such a beautiful bag - I am very impressed! I love it. Are you planning on selling this bag? I might be interested for a Mother's Day gift!

I can't sew and this is just a master piece! Talk to you tonight in Pins and Needles chat.

Serenata said...

Wow, fabulous bag, the stitchery is gorgeous.

Jantine said...

What a beautiful bag you made. Love the bright colors!

Kathy said...

Your bag is beautiful!!!! I love the colors and can imagine you taking it to a cafe...lovely!

Jossie said...

Great idea to use the stitcheries in a bag. It turned out so well. Beautiful!

Shelly said...

That bag is just adorable! And your stitching is wonderful!