Friday, April 23, 2010

Whirly gigs and flowers

The pin wheel blocks are hanging out together in some kind of random arrangement - trying to decide on a colour for the sashing/border/binding. The blocks are 12 inches square finished, so it will be a good size for a couch throw with narrow sashing and borders. Enjoying the unseasonably warm weather we have been having and all the colour in the neighbourhood - the across the road neighbours have these beautiful red roses around their front garden.
Native red flowering gum - this fluffy one
and then this one that is very round and looks like spikey balls.
I have no clue what their proper names are, I just admire them every time I walk past and remembered to take my camera and get some photo's earlier this week.
Hope you are enjoying your Friday and have a fun weekend planned with lots of crafty opportunities.
Happy Creating

7 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

What a lovely quilt. I enjoy looking at blankets with different colors and motifs to keep the eye and mind busy.

I've never seen those types of trees before and I too, enjoy looking at all the pretty flowers that are bursting with new life.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The blocks look so good Tracey ...the the flowing gum is beautiful..

Shay said...

Love the variety in all those windmill-ish blocks. I often have to adopt a wait and see attitude to finishing a quilt with just the right sashing or embellishment. This one is going to be a beauty when it's finished.

marina said...

Aagh couldn't see the pin wheel blocks again. Why can't I see pics on blogs? I can see all the flowers. I love the native gum. We had to cut ours down this year, I nearly cried. A little issue with storm water drains!
Have a good one.
Marina

Cardygirl said...

Those pinwheels are looking great!

Anonymous said...

Likee the whirly gigs...wonder what colour they'll decide on to go with them...all those nice red flowers, makes it look like Spring has sprung instead of it being almost the last month of autumn!

Jamie said...

Your pinwheels are super cute!