Saturday, January 14, 2012

A days work

While SJ was in town for a quick visit last week she requested a detour via a fabric shop - so GJ's it was.

I collected this assortment to make a quilt to contribute to the Aussie Hero Quilts project which I had read about only the day before. It seems lately everyone I talk to knows someone who has recently returned or is about to be deployed to Afghanistan.

'Boy' type fabrics, the subject of the panel may not be popular with the general population but it appears it is still a popular sport with the boys.

Last night after work I set to cutting squares and arranging them - I really have a lot of difficulty with random.

After a walk at the beach today I put Nomee to work and now I have an unironed quilt top.

So happy to have a whole Saturday with no obligations.
Hope your Saturday is a happy one.

6 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

Well that's a Saturday well spent...nice combo of fabrics...
oops! you've reminded me, I have a missed call and message from SJ on my phone from two weeks ago...I clean forgot to call her back...best I rectify that!!!...hope you had a fun weekend with her quick visit...

marina said...

You don't have to be a mad shooter to appreciate gundog pups and decoy ducks. It think it is lovely, the fabrics to go with it are great! Well done on getting the top done today.

Cathie said...

wow, that is a good Saturdays work, nice!
well done, see you wednesday

Barb said...

Love your quilt top....great use of time.

Chocolate Cat said...

Great choice of fabrics! You had a great day. I struggle with random too!!

Shay said...

A whole quilt top already ! That's impressive...