Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Going Green

It just so happened that all my finished projects in the last week were green.

The shawl from the mystery lace weight yarn is done I even did a kind of average job of blocking it so you can see the shape it is meant to be. It probably wasn't one of my best ideas to do a whole bunch on the same day as I ran out of floor space really quickly.

Ethereal Triangular shawl design by Lakshmi Juneja
Here's a close up of the diamond pattern on the body of the shawl and a gratuitous shot of my new sock project in the yarn I picked up at Unwind Craft Cafe.


An out of focus, but the best I could manage shot of the shawl draped over my pink shirt. The design really is pretty. 
Unfortunately there is still enough of the yarn left to make another shawl so I'll be casting that on within the next week, I don't want my hands to forget how to work with this slippery slidey yarn and I really want it used up.

Next finish was the Vivien Bolero that I have been working on intermittently since November, I started this project on my plane ride. More yarn that refuses to be used up, gotta be something about green yarn.
I chose this project to use the yarn that was left over from my tunic (which I finished 2 years ago and wear a lot), as I used a different yarn to that specified in the pattern I calculated required yardage and brought the requisite number in my preferred yarn. Obviously someone can't count because I had more than half of the yarn left over when I finished my tunic. 
Vivien design by Drops Design
The bolero front above and the back below, a very clever design that is worked in one piece so there were just a few tails to weave in at the end. (More sad photography)
The collar sits down but I have it up here so you can see the pretty pattern on the back.
This bolero did not use all of the remaining yarn - there is still one 50g ball left!

I knitted up this dragonfly washcloth on Saturday night just to use up some of the leftover bits and I'm thinking there may be a couple more from that last ball.
Dragonfly washcloth design by Jackie Jones

Why will the green yarn just not be gone?

Hope there is some green in your week.
Happy creating

9 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

The shawl pattern is very pretty - shame it didn't use up all "that" green...oh look, the pretty lotus colour yarn, noice...interesting bolero and pretty dragonfly...

nicole said...

totally loving this post because i LOVE green ;)

Christine M said...

Gorgeous projects Mistea. Maybe you bought a ball of never-ending green yarn! LOL!

Shay said...

Perhaps green yarn has super duper magical reproductive capabilities...or maybe its just like that never ending pack of Tim Tams?

That lacy shawl is about as fine as spider webs...absolutely gorgeous!

marina said...

the shawl and bolero look fantastic!
Well done on conquering the shawl yarn beautifully.
Maybe green yarn multiplies when you aren't watching?

Fiona said...

such pretty knitting.... the shawl is amazing...
Hugz

Katherine said...

Fantastic finishes. Love them all especially the scarf! Stunning.

Hannah said...

What a beautiful shawl! I keep meaning to have a try at some laceweight knitting. It's so pretty and yet so economical, isn't it?

Wendy said...

Gorgeous creations, love the beautiful projects you have been working on!