Saturday, February 2, 2013

Change of plans

FNWF started out okay with a couple of stitches added to the Sunflower stitchery I was working on last week but I was soon distracted by some pretty cotton and my hook.

I whipped up this little soap holder just for me.


It doubles as a wash cloth so I'm hoping I'll spend less time chasing the soap.


Today was the first meeting of the year for the local knitting group and I finally managed to finish sewing in all the threads on the socks. 


Good thing really as it is the intended recipients celebration is tonight!
Nothing like last minute finishing.


These socks are based on the Nancy Bush design, Estonian Kapotad socks which appears in 'Knitting Socks from around the world'. As I was using leftover yarns I made a number of changes to accommodate the colours in the quantities I had available. The major change is the main colour should be consistent for the entire sock.

Happy creating.

18 comments:

Fiona said...

great idea for the soapholder/washcloth... and the socks looks lovely... lucky intended recipient...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gosh you are so clever Tracey. I am simply amazed at these beautiful socks you make. I am sure they will be loved.

marina said...

fantastic socks! they are gorgeous.

Noela said...

Love your washer/soap holder and the socks are fantastic. Hugs....

Marilyn said...

Love those socks. Your knitting is gorgeous. The soap holder is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Mistea your socks amaze me they are awesome,well done.xx

Maria said...

Love the idea of not chasing the soap around....
Your socks are amazing...

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Like your little soap holder and pretty socks - love the pattern on the heel!

barb's creations said...

Boy are you clever with knitting needles I love watching your socks grow and the colour combinations you choose you're very talented :) Barb.

Cheryll said...

Fantastic socks Mistea! Love that pattern and your knitting looks perfect too! :)

Christine M said...

How clever having a star on the heel. Only problem is no-one will see it unless you sit with your feet up!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Hope the soap holder works as intended and you have to do less exercise in the shower...the socks look great...I'm sure they were well received...hope the celebrating went well...

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

What a great idea! I love the yarn color and socks too! Awesome job :)

Wendy said...

Your knitting is wonderful, love both your projects, the socks are amazing!

Shay said...

That soap holder idea is pure genius!

Im thinking I need to whip up something similar with a facewasher...

Hannah said...

Gorgeous socks! And I love the idea for the soap holder.

Tammy said...

How cute that your socks have a little design on the heel. Just amazing how you can do that. :) Very pretty soapholder. My husband uses soap but I prefer shower gel. Soap seems to make my skin very dry. Hope you had a great day. Tammy

Anthea said...

Great knitting Mistea... & the soap-holder is a great idea, especially for when the piece gets small x