Friday, February 22, 2013

A project for every occasion...

Lots of variety here at the moment.
I'm done knitting the socks - just need to weave in some ends and they will be finished.
The rib turned out to be perfect for knitting in company and there was lots of that this week.



The weather has been perfect this week for a little sitting at the beach with knitting in hand so I started another hat with some silvery purple yarn from the stash.



I have progressed from here but don't have a new picture, I'll need to add another colour to finish this one.


The Pastel blanket has all the squares joined - it just needs a small border to finish it off.


I joined the blocks for the centre row with a plain pastel blue colour and then joined the row in with a plain lemon, borrowed from another unfinished blanket - guess it will be a while before I start a new crocheted blanket.

 This weekend is going to be all about finishing these.

Currently trying to decide whose socks to cast on next, I have the patterns picked out.
The stash busting is going well so far, even encouraging some finishing of ageing projects.
Have a wonderful weekend. Stay cool.

11 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

Yay finished socks...the blanket is so pretty, all this stash busting and UFO finishing, such progress so early in the year...

Country Maison (Eva Martin) said...

Lovely blanket ! REally sweet. . . I love all your knitting !
I wished I could knit too !! They look so difficult to make ! and so cozy to wear !
xEva

Katherine said...

Love the socks but really love how you have finished off the blanket. It looks like it was meant to be that way.

Anonymous said...

wow Mistea love those socks and your blanket is awesome well done my friend on these lovely projects.xx

bec said...

Pretty spooky- I read this post http://whipup.net/2013/02/22/10-glorious-and-tricksy-socks-to-knit and thought of you, and then yours was straight under it in my reader. Happy coincidence? Love the blanket.

marina said...

your blanket looks fantastic. Have fun finishing your woolly projects.
Let's hope there is some coolness coming soon.

Lyndel said...

oh so much progress on the UFO and stash busting, great. I just heard that the Hottie Challenge forms are available for this year too. yay!

Teresa said...

I love your crochet blanket Tracey... simply stunning!!! Love the socks too!!! xx

Fiona said...

such a very beautiful blanket...
Hugz

Wendy said...

Your blanket is gorgeous, I really love it, beautiful soft colours.

Heather L. said...

The pastel blanket is beautiful! I do love crochet squares!!