Friday, February 8, 2013

Take Two

Both pink Owlie socks are complete! 
That's 4x25g balls of yarn less in the stash - Yay.


Unfortunately the Estonian Kapotad socks were not the correct size for the intended recipient - while I was prepared to alter them to fit, they were quickly snapped up by another family member who had put in an order. Of course they fit perfectly and saved me some unravelling. Love adaptable relatives.
Now I am trying another design from the book 'Knitting Socks from around the World'.
This time the pattern 'Albanian Anklets' adapted to suit the yarn available. This pattern is worked from the toe up and as I now have the relevant dimensions I should be able to get the sizing right this time.



The swirl toe construction is interesting and while it looks a little skewed  it sits neatly on the foot. This is knitting up very quickly and the simple two colour design that continues through the heel is easily remembered.

The challenge for me will be the heel construction from this angle.

Wishing you all a wonderfully cool and creative weekend.

15 comments:

Katherine said...

Stitching that heel backwards will be interesting. Love seeing all your socks.

marina said...

beautiful!!
love your new socks that you have on your needles.

Chocolate Cat said...

Those owl socks are adorable !

nicole said...

ooh, toe up! that'll be different for you!
those owl socks, love them!
xo

Anonymous said...

Lovely socks! I like the owls too, but more I impressed by the Albanian one. Wonderful weekend too!

Maria said...

I just love all your gorgeous knitting creations BUT it was 44 here today so I can't imagine using them right now..

Fiona said...

love the pink owl socks.. so fun... I think it is great that your rellies are all lining up for their socks...
Hugz

Melody said...

Adore those owlies

Lyndel said...

loved the Owls, loved the wrong sized ones best, now these toe-ups look interesting.
Must remember to give you MY size just in case you have another 'disaster'.. wink wink!

Ali said...

OOh love your owl socks...I do admire your skill and patience knitting so many socks!
Ali

Tammy said...

Those owl socks are fantastic! Knitting is wonderful for creating such beautiful designs. My brain just doesn't get knitting at all. Wishing you a wonderful day. Tammy

Shay said...

How cute are those owl socks! Just gorgeous and so creative.

I think it's wonderful(and hilarious) that you have people lining up for socks.

Shay said...

How cute are those owl socks! Just gorgeous and so creative.

I think it's wonderful(and hilarious) that you have people lining up for socks.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Always good to have a back up rellie...cute owlie socks, eyes on socks is too funny...nice colours/patterns in the new socks, like the aqua addition...

Wendy said...

Love your owl socks and the new ones are looking beautiful!