Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hooking Along

Back in the crochet groove this week.

My Angel is waiting for the hairdresser - I seriously have no clue what to do with all that hair now it is attached. Hoping for some inspiration soon.
All the other parts are there waiting to be attached. 

(Yes, she does have a needle plunged into her face about where her mouth will be!)
She's hanging in the red bowl I made on the weekend - perfect for keeping all the bits together.
The Angel pattern is free on the Spotlight site - I just shrank her by using Perle 8 thread and a 1.25mm hook.


Hooking up a green bucket for keeping more stuff in.
Moda Vera Marvel 8 ply and a 3.50mm hook - making it up as I go along.


Some mini green and blue polka dot blocks from the Banjo Bag pattern in Interweave crochet magazine Summer 2011.
Again I pulled out the Perle 8 thread and the 1.25mm hook - perfect little project for on the move.


Reading has been big on my agenda this week - so these two books are new.
I have read two pages so far of 'There is no Me without You' by Melissa Fay Greene is an account of one woman's contribution to the plight of children affected by AIDs in Ethiopia. Looks very promising with lots of detail.


The second book has been  drooled over - 'Custom Knits, accessories' by Wendy Bernard, lots of useful information in this one. Not sure I should be looking at any ideas for more new projects but I am!

Playing along with Ginny and all the other Yarn Along players.

Happy Creating in your chosen medium.

12 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

Nice green basket!

Anonymous said...

Boy Mistea you have been very busy lots of beautiful projects there,well done.xx

Elisabeth Andrée said...

Nice projects, love the squares!

come on in x said...

A busy week, I love that big green basket x

Katie B said...

Great projects!

Anke said...

Nice projects, I especially like the granny squares.

flyingjen said...

I really like the green bowl...

Hannah said...

Your projects all look wonderful! The green immediately appealed to me, too. I wish I were better at crochet - it does seem to move so much faster than knitting.

Michelle Ridgway said...

You are a whizz with that hook. Great projects.

Jantine said...

Love the baskets and the angel!

Fiona said...

lots of hooking happening... love the baskets .... angel is coming along....too sweet
Hugz

Julia said...

Cute doll, I should totally make some baskets, thanks for the inspiration.