Monday, May 23, 2011

Flower Hat

First let me show you this leafy dress, knitted in a pretty mint green yarn by me in the early 1980's and never gifted most likely because 'it' ended up being a boy. It has been carefully stored with some other unwanted items, some of which were made even earlier than that.
I unearthed this recently and decided that maybe it would be suitable for baby V.
These leaves are knitted on the bottom band all the way around - I delivered to the intended family and it was much appreciated.
While I was still playing with the flower tutorial from Happy In Red, I made this little hat by joining the flower petals with chain and then working rows of dc to the required length.

Wishing you a week with happy creative pauses.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love both of them , you are so clever !

BronwynB said...

Just lovely Clare. The little hat is so sweet.

Melody said...

You are very clever. I love the sweet and pretty little hat.

Shay said...

Oh MY Goodness Mistea.That hat is absolutely gorgeous.

And given that that sweet little dress is vintage Im sure the new parents were thrilled.

Im always assaulted by visions of loveliness when I visit here .

marina said...

Love the crochet hat. What a clever idea.
Lovely that your little dress has found a home. Sometimes a purpose just pops up even after a long time.
Have a great week!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Lucky Baby V to have a vintage dress in her wardrobe collection...the hat is very cute...