Monday, February 28, 2011

Whirly Sue

So that was February??

No starts for a whole month!

Going so slow that it took until tonight to complete one of the UFO's I have been working on this month and that is the only finish I have achieved this month.

The Whirly Sue baby quilt is done.

This project was completed using thrifted materials, including the appliqued centre panel, I added a couple of scraps of fabric for some contrast on the top.

There was enough of the small white with blue flower print for the binding and the pink in the borders is the same as the backing and is printed with tiny white teddies (impossible to capture in the photos).

Finished at approximately 42" square it is ready for a bath and flap in the fresh air before a trip across town to her new home with a member of the extended family.
Wishing you all a productive March.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Looks wonderful.....

Jindi's Cottage said...

What! No Starts!! Is that acceptable behaviour?
Hope she enjoys her trip and her new home...

Shay said...

It's a beautiful quilt and has such an old timey feel. Im sure it will be loved and cherished.

I love that it was made from thrifted materials !

Unknown said...

I love pinwheels - I think they are my new favorite!

I am sure this quilt will be loved very much - it is ver pretty.

marina said...

the pinwheels look beautiful. I love the two pink borders they frame it beautifully. Now you will have to think of a new project for March.

Chocolate Cat said...

1 finish is better than none!!! What a cute quilt that I am sure will be treasured. You may need to wait to get it flapping on the line though, another miserable day here!