Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunshine and Bright Colours

The sun came out yesterday and I played with these lovely bright colours in the sewing room. I just love when I can complete a project or two - okay they were small - from my stash. The old fashioned bias binding came from my Grandmothers stash and is probably a relic from the '70's as it was still in the celophane packet and marked 25c for 6 metres. It was the perfect colour for one of my projects.
I made this triangle pouch from a tutorial I found here. Super cute and way too easy, I am thinking Christmas wrapping here, yes there will be lots more in various sizes.
I know you have seen this before but I finally managed to take an outside photo of it hanging and not blowing around too much.
Hope the weekend is a good one wherever you are.
Happy Creating

6 comments:

Leahdis said...

Those pouches are handy, and im just loving your quilt. Im sure it will take pride of place at your place this christmas.

Barb said...

Thanks for the link!!

Serenata said...

Love the pouch - that material looks familiar ;-)

jindiscottage said...

The pouch is really cute. A great link, thanks.

locuasia said...

Mistea,
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog and leaving such lovely comment! I love to hear from you!
Maybe one day I will be as talented as you are with fabric - wishful thinking! I love the quilt and the little pouch - great idea for little gifts :)
Have a great rest of the week!

Jantine said...

Love the triangel pouch, that is exactly what I need for my next gift!