Thursday, February 5, 2009

Miss Violet takes a trip

Well more shopping this week, I finished the Outer Eastern Fabric Frolic. Had a good day yesterday checking out the last three shops with a friend. Not only are these three shops full of inspiration they are located in one of the prettiest parts of the greater Melbourne area. It is like taking a trip to country, but only an hours drive. I added to the stash and even have some ideas about where some of the fabrics may be utilised, so they may appear here in projects in the near future. I made Miss Violet her own quilt to go along with her on her journey around the world. I hope she doesn't suffocate in that post pak, and that she likes her new home. As always I fell in love with her as her character came out, it was hard to say good bye and safe travels. I am having a day in tomorrow and sewing is at the top of the list of things to do, I need to make the most of the last few days of my break as I am sure that it is about to come to an end, oh and they are promising some more of that extreme weather this weekend so I guess not much craft will be happening then, although there is another field trip planned to check out a new shop, will report back. Happy Crafting

5 comments:

Bonus Mom said...

She is so beautiful!!! The color is fabulous.

MissyMack said...

Oh dash, I meant to go to the fabric frolic!! I'm probably too late now.
Miss Violet is absolutely stunning! Someone is going to be a very lucky to recieve her!

Unknown said...

Love Miss Violet , hope she has a fun trip .
clares craftroom

Lurline said...

Oh, I would be sorry to part with Miss Violet, too - don't really know if I could, too cute, especially with her gorgeous little quilt!
Hugs - Lurline

Leah said...

I got Miss Violet in the mail! She is AWESOME! I am totally impressed with your skills. I love the fabric she is made of, so soft and cuddly. And her little quilt is so cute. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing with me. Thank you for all the lovely gifts in your package. I see from your blog that you are incredibly busy with all kinds of projects. I'm grateful you shared some of your lovely talent with me. Happy Sewing!!!