Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A mouse, presents and a new challenge

One of the surprises in the goody bag at Daylesford Craft Experience was a pincushion, there were a variety of designs and I just happened to get this super cute mouse. I really like her and she is a welcome addition to the sewing room, but I am not happy that she has invited her real cousins to come and hang out here too!

I won this charm pack over at Melody's a couple of weeks ago and it came with the cutest bumble bee buttons and chocolate bugs. Thanks Melody.

I may just enjoy looking at these fabrics for a while they are all too cute.

While visiting the old people on the weekend, The Mother showed me this incomplete project which had been left at the OpShop where she volunteers.

A quick look in the bag which contained multiple skeins of yarn, a completed back and two fronts as well as the pattern book with the design and I decided I would attempt to finish it.

A closer look at the contents revealed that one colour is missing. The exact yarn is no longer available but I am thinking that as the design is in multiple colours, if I can get something similar I will attempt to complete it.
The yarn used is Alice Stanmore, Scottish Heather from Jamieson Spinning Shetland Islands.
Hope you are warm and cosy wherever you are.

8 comments:

marina said...

very cute mouse. We have had the real variety here too leaving little droppings everywhere! they soon got the hint to move on. Thankfully they didn't attack the pantry cupboards.
that will be a lovely cardy. I hope you find the right wool to add to it.

Shay said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate bugs....

Love the cardigan. How much fun will it be to finish something thats half done and give it a proper life!

Cute mouse.

Melody said...

So glad you won. Have a great week.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Darn meeces...hope the pesky ones move out soon...
What a find in that donated bag...that wool sounds very beautiful, soft and warm coming from the Shetland Islands...have fun finishing off the cardy...

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, my gosh - that pattern looks difficult to make. What is it? Tunisian crochet? It sure does look beautiful. Not sure if I'd have the patience to do something intricate like that...will you be finishing it?

Michelle Ridgway said...

That is some challenge.Hope you find something like it so you can finish it. Cute mousey, bugs and fabric.

Jantine said...

Good luck on the knitting!

Cardygirl said...

Great mouse & win...but that knitting is stunning...good luck!