Friday, May 21, 2010

I was forced!

I was asked to go for a drive in the country on Wednesday to do a couple of jobs which take around an hour each, but required two hours driving each way.

After careful consideration given the timing of the appointments I thought it was an opportunity too good to refuse - I would get paid to do a little work and be required to drive right past this amazing store, which I remembered has wool felt.

Candleberry Country is located in the gorgeous Yarragon village and is right on the highway, no detours required.

Well a girl can't just drive past without dropping in to have a look see!

I picked up two pieces of wool felt for some more Bots and a large piece of this blue flowery fabric to sash and border the pinwheels.

Oh, and made sure I stopped long enough to have some morning tea - yummy scone with homemade Jam and fresh Cream it is after all in Dairy country.

Well I couldn't let the opportunity pass now could I?

Tonight is May's Friday Night sew-in co-ordinated by Heidi and Bobbi, I may even get started early and achieve something this time. You can play too - just head over here and sign up.

Happy Sewing

4 comments:

Copper Patch said...

It would have been a crime not to stop!
The scones look lovely.
Abbe

marina said...

What sacrilege not to have stopped. Well done you!
Is another bot on the Friday night sew in agenda tonight.
Enjoy your sew in.
cheers

Doris Sturm said...

Mmmmmmm, that scone looks delish! Is that clotted cream? I've never had it. Wonder how it's made?

Unknown said...

Oh yummy...Me loves scones also :) Your stitching is looking awesome and I love the fabrics ;)
M