Friday, December 13, 2013

Granny groove

After last weeks success with the little doilies I couldn't resist the challenge of working on something a bit bigger - this one will be size large when it is finished. I'm still working my way through the same cone of thread and I have no idea how many metres were on it to begin with but after working on this giant, I finally feel like there has been a small reduction. Lots more project potential still.

Cluster stitch doily from The American Thread company 1955
This is almost half of the crocheting done though there are only 10 more rounds to go they only get longer from here. Lots of little details to keep things interesting and my hands busy. Using a 1.5mm hook this time.

I wound my new yarn into a pretty ball and started working with it - this is all kinds of wonderful.
Wonderful to work with on my little round needle as it slides along nicely and wonderful to the touch. I am very happy with this yarn. Cascade Heritage Silk in a deep teal colour not the green that the picture looks like.
Sure I played with the drawing thing on my camera app.
Regular Melbourne weather patterns here with sunny and cloudy on the same day.
I love walking at the beach in the late afternoon and seeing this kind of amazing sky. Looking east with the setting sun behind me you can see a little pink tinge on some of the clouds.


Wishing you all kinds of lovely for the weekend ahead. 

8 comments:

Fiona said...

your doily is looking amazing.... and some pretty wool.... I always love looking at clouds and skies and the different colours and shapes...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Simply gorgeous!

Wendy said...

Wow, amazing crochet, it is going to be stunning. Your new yarn looks lovely too!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is so beautiful....

Shay said...

Your doily is incredibly beautiful. Im impressed!

The weather here has been cold and rainy one day and sunny the next ...I really wish Mother Nature would make up her mind.

marina said...

lovely progress so far on your doilie.
Happy hooking

Jindi's Cottage said...

Pretty doily…tablecloth next? that would use up the thread!!…pretty teal colour in the silk yarn...

Hannah said...

Wow - such intricate crochet work!


Wishing you and your family a wonderfully magical and merry Christmas xx