Sunday, November 3, 2013

Not as I planned

When a couple of rows of knitting while waiting for dinner to cook turned into just one more row, 
then I'll just finish this pattern repeat
and then some reversing up.
HiyaHiya Great Wall IV design by Qianer
I decided it was not a good time to start sewing.
The pretty pre cut scraps are waiting patiently still.
Fortunately all went well at Saturday knit group and I finished my sock earlier today.
That's two the same or as the same as one gets with these multi coloured yarns.
Pretty Wendy Happy yarn, a bamboo/nylon mix which is surprisingly warm to wear and has a lovely sheen. Perfect for the spring season.
one of these days I'll get back to the sewing machine!
Thanks for having us Cheryll.
Have a wonderful week everyone.

13 comments:

Cheryll said...

Once again Tracey... you amaze me with your socks. They are simply gorgeous! :)

marina said...

you are the queen of sock making!
gorgeous.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Purty..noice stripey yarn…and as the warm sunshine lasted all of one day warm socks seem like a good idea!…

Cathie said...

you have the best looking socks! hope to see you on wednesday Miss T

linda said...

Lovely beautiful socks, I love the pattern, my odd sock still lie's patiently waiting for it's friend haha one day :)

Ana BC said...

I guess that is the challenge with socks: making 2 that match! But they look really lovely :-)

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty pair of socks, love the color you used.

Shay said...

As usual you've outdone yourself. I have to ask though - will you have to dust the cobwebs off your poor neglected sewing machine?

Fiona said...

you've done well to match up with the variegated yarn....

so... lets see that sewing.....

Hugz

Christine M said...

I love the colour of these socks.

Wendy said...

Love your new socks, the pattern and yarn is lovely!

Anthea said...

Beautiful knitting as always, & those apple cores have me intrigued, how on earth do they sew together?! I will have to come back & find out!!

Hannah said...

Beautiful socks! I find it quite difficult to match a patterned yarn with a textured pattern but yours look fantastic.