Thursday, October 24, 2013

Three socks...

in the making.

I finished one of the happy socks last weekend and cast on two new socks this week before starting it's partner, so now I have three socks on the needles again. This much knitting does not leave a lot of time for reading but I am enjoying 'Needles and Pearls' by Gil McNeil. A knit themed novel picked up at a recent sale, it's worth my time for some light hearted entertainment.
Great wall IV socks by Qianer in Wendy Happy Bamboo/Nylon yarn
I'm using the last of the purple vintage yarn in this pair of socks that are a test knit over on Ravelry. I like the combination of cables and texture used to create the pattern, even if it does mean they require all of my attention. It is good to concentrate sometimes!
Little BonBons by Revi in vintage Patons Beehive Fingering 4 ply wool
The green stripey socks are being knit from a previously gifted pair of almost finished odd sized socks. I was given them to finish but decided I did not like the knit fabric and the size was a bit odd so I started over with my own pattern. Rib with little cables working their way around the sock. They should work up into another perfect pair for the Father, this time for Christmas.
You're right I'm knitting directly from the previously knit sock.
 Joining the Yarn Along this week.

Wishing you all sunshine and colour in your space today.

6 comments:

Katherine said...

They look fantastic!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely little socks. Nothing nicer than a good read.

Melody said...

That purple is irresistible

Fiona said...

all so different.... I read something called Friday night knitting group some years ago... quite fun...
Hugz

Pooch said...

Love the multiple WIPs!! The socks look great!

:)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your knitted socks are just incredible. It is beyond me how such lovely patterns can emerge from clicking needles together. :) Hope you have a fabulous week. Tammy