Monday, October 8, 2012

Red and White all over

The quilt show was amazing in so many ways - not least of all the setting.

It is difficult to take photo's of big quilts in small spaces but I snapped a few which caught my attention.

I love the way these blocks create the secondary circle pattern.
(I do like a nice circle)

I had recently seen this block in a different colour way so I was intrigued by the red and white version, you may be able to see the sweet tulips in the quilting too. Very nice indeed.

Now this little bed was so sweet - those triangles were tiny.


The quilts on the tables were part of the theme and as it had been raining there were droplets on the plastic making for this fun effect.


(no pics of the scones I ate those before I got the camera out)

I know you can't see the detail here but the idea is fabulous - this is made from a selection of redwork stitcheries with a Christmas theme which are then bordered to make this amazing quilt.
A note on the label said it was made to celebrate the whole family being home for Christmas. As the stitcher's family will all be celebrating together again this year she has a new project planned.


Oh, look another circle one - this starts at orange in the middle and end on the outside with a deep red - I love the way it moves. Fortunately it was up high enough that it didn't feel like the world was spinning.


Loving the white on red in this one which was simply hand quilted in a cross hatch behind the applique.
The basket was made up of tiny pieces all needle turned.


A simple hexie mini,


with all those fussy cut centres.


There are no pictures of the antique quilts here as it was too dark in there.

After admiring all the lovelies I came home and sat down with the pin wheel quilt and started hand sewing the binding. I'm about half done.


Funny thing is that I am missing admiring this happy quilt, as for the past week it has been hanging over my sewing table which I walk past regularly. Now it is just a white table - boring!

Happy creating with what ever colours you choose.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

thankyou for the tour Mistea,they are all so lovely.xx

Maria said...

WOW.!!! Same amazing quilts there..
Our patchwork group made the cirle one in Blue's for a raffle quilt ..

Michelle Ridgway said...

Thanks for the tour. It was wonderful. Love the tulips and of course the red work stitchery one.

marina said...

so many beautiful quilts, it's been lovely seeing everyone's photos.

Jantine said...

Red and white is still my favourite!

Shay said...

Thanks for taking us along to the quilt show (virtually speaking ). Im a huge fan of red and white quilts and your post was pure eye candy. It's amazing all the different interpretations you can get when people use the same colours but their own ideas. Gorgeous!

Katherine said...

you've seen some beautiful quilts and i especially like the white on red needleturned flower one.

Tammy said...

I love seeing such beautiful handwork. The quilts are beautiful! I especially like the redwork Christmas themed one. Such a wonderful idea. Best wishes to you, Tammy

Cheryll said...

Red and white ALWAYS looks sooo nice doesn't it! :)

Jindi's Cottage said...

So much pretty red and white eye candy...lovely...
Maybe your sewing table needs it's very own quilt...just saying...