Sunday, June 10, 2012

Yarn overload...

After casting off the Whippoorwill last Sunday afternoon (it has not progressed from here),

I picked yarn out of the donation bag and grabbed my hook to try the Juliana Wrap.

This picture shows the colour best.

I am enjoying this hooky project,  though the same weight yarn is used throughout, the sections are completed at very different tensions which adds to the texture of the finished piece,


which is growing quickly.


Just as well really as I did a little shopping this week and now have these pretties lined up waiting patiently for the next knitting project to start here soon.


Here I am one row from finishing this blue section and then just the pretty edging to complete.

Both of these colours are darker than they appear here.

It will be in my bag today and should be finished by the time I return from a visit with The Old people.

And tomorrow is an off day here so there may be a cast on??

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

7 comments:

marina said...

Lots of woolly loveliness!
Enjoy your crafting.

Fiona said...

So pretty.... I can't imagine how you keep track of all those stitches...
Hugz

Maria said...

You always work wonders with your wool.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Oh both so pretty...have fun with the new yarns too...enjoy your Old People visit and hope the extra day off tomorrow gets you lots of yarny action...

Anonymous said...

Nice, nice, nice. Love to watch yarn.

Wendy said...

All your knitting looks amazing, such pretty designs.

Jantine said...

Lovely, some chrochet is so easy to take with you too!