Sunday, June 24, 2012

Making a mess

(Or contemplating patchwork??)
While my brain was refusing to calculate the number of little bits of fabric required for my latest dumb idea, I decided I could start cutting anyway. It will be a scrappy deal.
When this container was overflowing - I thought that would be enough,



and I set about some sewing to see whether this idea may actually work.


Ooh - look the first finished blocks - Yep, they look good with the blocks I made last week.



It appears now I just need to cut another gazillion little pieces of  fabric so I'll have enough for all the blocks!
Only half the blocks are done and this is all that is left.

(Now I remember why I don't do patchwork - a little too late!)

Just in case anyone is interested there has been some progress on the Colour Affection shawl - not very much longer!


Hope your space has been warm and dry and a lot colourful.

8 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

For a dumb idea it is looking pretty good...those little bits of fabric always trick that there are enough and then go ha ha no there wasn't...darn little bits of fabric...

marina said...

I can sympathise but your idea is definitely a winner. They look great next to your framed squares.
Great job! Keep up the good work with your little squares and your shawl!

Christine M said...

Your quilt is looking good.

Barb said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilts.

Fiona said...

pah... and you said your piecing was dodgy???? I looooove scrappy quilts...
Hugz

Shay said...

That's one of the least dumb ideas Ive seen. It looks wonderful. I adore anything scrappy!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love patchwork! You've made a great start. But that is a whole lot of cutting! Have fun! And have a wonderful week. Tammy

Katherine said...

I really like your patchwork blocks!