Friday, March 13, 2009

Shopping and Sewing

Not a lot happening here this week with the day job getting in the way again. Below are fabrics which I have been collecting for the quilt with the Red Brolly Ladies I stitched in Purple. Now I just need to decide on a design for the quilt and start cutting. The above fabrics were purchased from Primitive Patches at Mentone and the fabrics below are the ones I brought from Quilters Bazaar at Gisborne last weekend.
So far I have used the rabbit and chicken stitcheries in a patchwork bag and to decorate a journal cover. The bag is a design by the ladies at Pieceful Hearts printed in Patchwork and Stitching Vol7 No1. I have made this bag a number of times with different themes and all of them are so very different. It is an excellent size small carry bag, I use mine for taking hand sewing projects to my sewing group. My mum uses hers to take essentials when she is going market shopping. Below is a picture of the back which is also patched.
I am looking forward to heading into the Stitches and Craft show tomorrow to check out all the goodies and the talented local crafters displaying there.
Enjoy whatever your weekend brings.
Happy Crafting

4 comments:

MissyMack said...

LOVE the fabrics! Especially the top picture! They look perfect for admiring and looking at, and feeling and touching!

Cheryl said...

I also agree, beautiful fabrics!!
Your stitchery....so cute!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful fabric , hope you enjoy the show .
clares craftroom

Anonymous said...

Love the Tote and journal cover, very cute! Nice colours too.