Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Busy stitching and sewing

It is amazing what I can achieve while waiting for the call to work. Last week I started a new routine of getting up when the alarm went off and working on my cross stitch project for two hours each morning while waiting. So this is how much I achieved, I have almost finished her face and hair. The name of the project is Guardian Spirit by James Himsworth, I brought the kit five years ago and started work on it a week and a half ago. I am liking it a lot. I have made a good start on Easter projects having completed these simple stitcheries from The Red Brolly book Miss Millies Flower Patch. I will be using them to make up into gifts for Easter, hopefully I will be at the sewing machine this afternoon putting some of those together.
The pictures do not do justice to the beautiful Threadworx thread which I used it is in pastel shades of pink, mauve, green and lemon.
Finally some pictures of the pouches which I made last week. I tried something different with this red one - it has a box bottom and is a bit bigger than the size I usually make. The red bias tape is the old fashioned stuff that came from my Grandmothers stash. I like the result I just need to refine the process, I can see more of these in the future as gifts.
Now for the rabbits - these are zippered pouches also, I made several of these for my nieces at Christmas and they were much appreciated. I had some requests from friends so there will be more of these to come before the month is done. The pattern is from Craftzine and can be found here.
Time to get back to the cutting table and get some sewing done today.
Happy Crafting

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have been so busy . It all looks fantastic .
clares craftroom

MissyMack said...

Wow, those little bunny pouches are so cute! What a fantastic idea for gifts. Thank you for sharing!
Your easter stitching looks great too! Can't wait to see what you make with them.

Jan Gartlan said...

Wow, you have done so much of your cross stitch in 1 1/2 weeks! It's looking great. I love the Easter embroideries as well - they're delightful.