Friday, August 14, 2009

A Finish and Something New!

Not a lot happening in the sewing room at the moment but that should all be changing again soon. Warmer weather and some sunshine should inspire me to get back into my sewing routine. I finished this knitted scarf last weekend and I am very happy with the result. Not only is this style good for using up scraps, they knit up very quickly and can be made with any combinations of yarn. The furry yarns add texture and there is warmth in the mohair blends which I used in the alternate rows. This one is made in a combination of blues, purples and pinks. During the week I started a new bag but this is a s far as I got, I lost count! I had fun embroidering these numbers and need to do a few more before I put the bag together. I hope I will find time to do some work on this on the weekend. Finished is the desired outcome, I'll let you know if I succeed.
Ooh ... we got stitchers angel partners this week and I can hardly wait for the patterns to be up so I can get started, I am looking forward to lots of fun.
Find some time for creativity this weekend and Enjoy.
Happy Crafting

5 comments:

RG said...

Hi Mistea..and thanks for stopping by my blog... yes I was very blessed this year with lots of yummy birthday loot! lol
Oooh I love your pretty scarf, what a clever use of leftovers and each one unique in it's own way.
Love the book below too..I always enjoy BH's creations and patterns.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colours in that scarf !

Lurline said...

Oh, nice - I like - and I'm an Angel, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Leah said...

That scarf looks so warm and soft! love the clours too. cant wait to see the bag creation! Thanks for the kind words on my blog and im glad to see someone else enjoys the company of the moon too! Happy sewing :0)

Fee said...

Gorgeous knitting ! The angel swap is going to be so much fun - I am looking forward to it.

Hugs - Fiona