Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Sewing Angel

A design by Helena Brorhed of Syverkstan.

While I planned ahead and cut and stitched, this project was fraught with set backs.

I use a water soluble pen for all my tracing but the weather has been unseasonably humid here for the past month and the design kept disappearing before I could stitch it.

Then when I had the top together my iron attacked it and I had to restitch the panel with the words - so this little hanging was not finished in time for Christmas giving. She is still part of the present and I shared it with J's mum while visiting on Christmas Eve, where I also did some hand stitching. I am happy to be done and really like the way she came together.

There is nothing wrong with Helena's pattern but as I can be a bit challenged at following the details my version is slightly different from the original design.

Wishing you a friendly Iron in the craft room.

6 comments:

marina said...

nothing worse than an iron going feral!
It is a lovely hanging. Well worth persisting.
Some projects are not meant to be easy.

Maria said...

Pleased you perservered with your project as the Angel looks great.

Fiona said...

worked out so lovely though.. well done for persevering ...
Hugz

Chocolate Cat said...

She is a gorgeous Angel, what a shame it wasn't smooth sailing, she is so worth the trouble tho!

Jindi's Cottage said...

I am VERY happy you persisted...she is gorgeous and I have a space picked out for her in the sewing room...

Jantine said...

Great hanging, cute angel, love the buttons on her wings. You did need to be persistend though to get is done...