Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blue Day

I did a test drive today on this little number - super cute and super easy - and it comes out of scraps - requirements say fat 1/8 but really it is much less than that. Another free pattern that can be found here. Oh, what is it you ask - Simple Sewing Companion - just big enough for a small pair of scissors, some thread, a little pencil and it comes with a pattern for a little needle book which fits snuggly in one of the pockets - there are three. Trace, Sew, turn and fold - Simple is a very apt word for this beauty.
Finished stitching the last panel of the Blue Christmas last night and put together the top today - think I should have taken a tad more notice of the directions this time, got myself in a big muddle when cutting out the completed stitcheries, but I like the result - much better in real life but the colours make it very difficult to photograph with my camera.
The verse says "What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present and hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace. " Agnes M. Pharo.
The pattern for this series can be found here. Thanks Shell.
Hope you had a creative Thursday. Happy Crafting

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is that little companion. That fabric is just right with those stitcheries. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

LesleyAnn said...

Thanks for the link to the sewing companion! I received one of these from my angel and thought I would like to make some for my sewing friends. Thanks again.

marina said...

I have made one of these too. They are a quick and snazzy gift!
love all your blueness.
marina

Teresa said...

I have made this sewing companion too.. Isn't it great.. I haven't shown it on my blog as I want to make them for some of my quilting friends. Love your stitcheries too. Blue and white is so fresh. Have a great weekend. xx

Leah said...

hey there - the quilt in your header photo looks soft and warm, like its made out of flannel or something!

i'm following up on your comment on my blog - not sure if you wanted me to send you an ATC. if you do, go ahead and email me your snail mail again (i don't keep the addresses of people i've sent stuff in the past) - thanks ;)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hi sweetness! Your stitchery turned out so pretty!
You're invited to hop by my website from November 27 until December 8th. I'm celebrating the 12 Day's of Christmas Shop Hop. There will be a FREE stitchery pattern each day and prizes at the end! Hope to see you there!
bunny hugs,
shell

Jantine said...

Really love this little companion. I tried the link, but can not find it ;-(.

Beeshebags said...

I recognise that sewing companion fabric...lol Great work....as usual.

Hugs
Naomi