Saturday, July 18, 2015

Shawls

Have jumped to top priority with the recent cold snap.
So I spent some time last night weaving in the ends on my latest Color Affection, I  did sewing at FNSI. This one is slightly larger than the previous one I made as I moved up a needle size.
It is perfect for wrapping up in.

Bendigo Woollen mills Luxury 4 ply in African Violet, Leaf and Sangria, 4.5mm needles
 I really want this next one finished in time to send to a friend next month, so I need to stop neglecting it. The rows are long and require concentration. I worked two rows last night and will attempt to maintain this pace.

Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 4Ply - Lake and 4mm needles

It has my favourite-cables. If it works as I envisage it will sport large diamonds. 
It doesn't look like much yet but I am halfway through the chart so I should be able to see the shapes appearing soon.
Back to it, for todays rows, maybe I'll find my rhythm soon.

Hope everyone is staying warm. 

6 comments:

Maria said...

Oh a fabulous big colourful shawl... Can't wait to see the lovely diamond pattern in the shawl for your friend.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a beautiful shawl, love the colour. Looking forward to seeing the diamond pattern appear. We are still in summer months here so not really hot but not cold.

Karen's Korner said...

Such a pretty colour that you are knitting with and a very intricate pattern. Looking forward to the end result.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Perfect weather for shawls...and knitting in general...brrrr

Shay said...

I finally broke out some knitting this past week ...way too cold in the sewing room at the moment. I'd much rather be in front of the TV clicking away with needles.

Your shawls will come in very handy for keeping warm in this weather!I swear its a lot colder this winter than previous winters!

kymann said...

Your latest colour affection will be getting heaps of affection I think!
The new shawl looks lovely already, looking forward to seeing it grow.